With Cancer season nearing its end, get ready to roar: Leo season is arriving. The lion of the zodiac is known for being magnanimous, loyal, protective, and equipped with a flair for drama.
Use Leo season, which spans from July 22 and August 22, as a chance to be generous of spirit. At their best, Leos are able to shine the spotlight on others, just as they relish soaking up the spotlight themselves.
Ahead of the individual horoscopes for each sign, here are the key dates to remember for Leo season.
- The Sun officially moves into Leo on July 22, so don’t be surprised if you’re feeling extra confident the next 30 days.
- The full moon in Aquarius falls on July 23, which may inspire you to be more philanthropic.
- Mercury enters Leo on July 27, so your communication style may be extra charismatic this month. Now’s the time to strike up conversations with alluring strangers.
- Jupiter retrograde moonwalks back into Aquarius on July 28, encouraging more open-minded outlooks.
- Action planet Mars enters Virgo on July 29, urging you to be methodical and deliberate when asserting yourself.
- The Leo new moon falls on August 8, encouraging you to go for what you love.
- Mercury shifts into Virgo on August 11, which may allow you to see matters as they really are.
- Romantic Venus enters Libra on August 16, bringing balance into partnerships.
- Revolutionary Uranus starts its retrograde journey in Taurus on August 19, which might make it feel more difficult to conform to the status quo.
- The second full moon in Aquarius falls on August 22. This luminary is a “blue moon,” defined as the second full moon in a 30-day period in the same sign.
Flap your wings, social butterfly: The month ahead will likely be peppered with gatherings and get-togethers. During the full moons on July 23 and August 22, you may come face-to-face with a far-flung loved one. So keep your schedule open—you never know who, from your past, will call you up for an adventure. Or maybe you’ll be the one doing the calling.
Taurus, you’re likely to spend this month looking for ways to be fulfilled at work. When Jupiter retrograde reemerges in Taurus on July 28, you may feel more driven and creative. People will likely take note, so expect opportunities to come your way from your workplace or side hustle. Still, be discerning as to what you take on, to ensure the good vibes keep rolling. Tauruses still need time to unwind.
Gemini, consider resisting the temptation to fill your calendar this month. If you overexert yourself, there’s a chance you’ll feel exhausted by the time Mercury enters Virgo on August 11. Instead of saying “yes” to everything, know your energetic limits. Translation? Only do what genuinely excites you. And if you can’t resist saying yes to everything, then we encourage a few naps here and there.
Cancer, you’re about to enter into a period of clarity. During July 23’s new moon, you may begin seeing other people for who they truly are. These realizations may affect certain relationships, compelling you to step back. This month, retreating is a part of healing. As you see the world more clearly, take time alone to see yourself.
Who do you want at your birthday party, Leo? That question is at the heart of your month ahead, as you’re encouraged to look hard at your relationships and see what they’re adding to your life. Pay close attention to your social circles between the full moons on July 23 and August 22. After July 27’s Mercurial shift into Leo, you may feel more empowered to acknowledge the relationships that aren’t making you glow. Then, you’ll be bolstered to make brave but difficult decisions about their